[edit+] Has anyone figured out how to integrate csvfix as a User Tool?
pjfarley3@earthlink.net [editplus]
2016-10-30 20:03:39 UTC
The free software tool csvfix has many ways of manipulating CSV formatted files. In particular, it allows one to sort CSV files in fairly sophisticated ways.

I can see the basic way to do it using csvfix as an EditPlus text filter (STDIN from the edit buffer, STDOUT back to the edit buffer), but specifying the necessary csvfix command-line arguments (like which CSV fields to sort on, whether each field should be sorted ascending or descending, as text or as numbers or as dates, etc) is the challenge.

As far as I can see, each choice of sort parameters has to be a different User Tool. I do not see an easy way to make the parameterization dynamic do that ad hoc sorting based on the current file contents can be supported without creating a unique User Tool for each format and combination of sorting fields and types.

Has anyone already solved this problem?

Regards and TIA for any assistance you can provide.

Peter